Guide to install new theme in WordPress
WordPress, started in 2003 to give a professional appeal to online content has since become a known blogging website. Apart from simple blogging, WordPress is also an effective content management tool which offers a number of features including Plugin, Themes and widgets to give an attractive appeal to the blog. WordPress is also available on a number of platforms including Windows, Android and iOS.
One of the effective ways through which WordPress helps users in resolving any unknown technical issues is through the effective WordPress support. The experts with their years of experience in handling different technical issues that might affect the performance of WordPress.
I am unable to install a theme for my WordPress? How can WordPress Support help?
Those who are new to using WordPress may get confused with the plethora of options that it offers. Those who are not that tech-savvy may find it a bit irritating as it might interfere with their first WordPress experience.
However, there is no need to worry as our experts at WordPress support have an easy-to-follow guide to help you through this issue. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to install the required theme for your WordPress.
Steps to search for theme in WordPress
- On the left-side of the navigation menu, select Appearance then select Themes.
- On the top of the screen, click on Install Theme.
Next, you can browse all the available themes and search via author, keyword or tag.
After downloading the required theme, there are two methods of installing the theme. These are as follows;
Guide for installing a theme for WordPress
- Login to your WordPress dashboard via http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin.php or http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php.
- From the left-side navigation menu, click on Appearance and then on Themes.
- On the top of the screen, click on Install theme tab.
- Click on Upload and then select the file saved on your computer drive.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
However, in the off-chance that your WordPress theme install encounters any technical error then you can try the second method of installing theme manually.
Guide to manually installing a theme to WordPress
In order to manually install a theme, upload it to the WordPress theme directory;
- Next, open the File Manager in CPanel or connect to the server using an FTP client.
- Navigate to the theme directory inside the wp-content folder in the WordPress document root.
- Upload the compressed theme file.
- Uncompress the theme file in /public_html/WordPress/wp-content/themes.
- Activate the theme now. Login to your WordPress dashboard then select Appearance and next click on themes. Click on the Activate button.
If you are still unable to install the theme via any of the above mentioned methods, contact our WordPress support experts @ WordPress Support Phone Number 1-877-863-5655